Thursday, August 19, 2010

Blake!

I'm officially starting my new job at the Blake School tomorrow. However, I've been plugging away on several projects already. One of these projects is being the new adviser of the school newspaper. I went to a fabulous conference put on by the National Scholastic Press Association, and I learned how to post the paper. I'm going to link it here. I had nothing to do with this issue, but it will give you a sense of what I'll be working with this school year.Spectrum June 2010

I also just received a message from a woman who lived next door to me my first year at Gustavus. She also teaches at Blake, so it will be delightful to reconnect with her. I am seriously pinching myself because this gig seems too good to be true. I have a comically huge classroom, the curriculum is stellar, and the faculty are so positive, brilliant, and have such interesting life stories. I know it's going to be a mountain of work, but that's why someone is paying me. Cheers to tomorrow!

No comments: