Monday, February 23, 2009

TOMB!



We went to a real Egyptian tomb on Sunday. It was unbelievable. Lachen, Aksel, Shawn, and I were real archaeologists solving puzzles and riddles, deciphering codes, and using our strength, wit, and bravery to get to the ancient pharaoh's tomb. It was like being Indiana Jones! More info at: http://www.5-wits.com/shows/ The whole thing probably was too scary for Aksel, but he is the bravest 5-year old I've ever known.

Before we left, Lachen, our resident Egyptologist, gave us a lesson about King Tut. He does know quite a lot! Watch his lesson, and you might learn something as well.

2 comments:

grampa said...

How cool it was for all of you to visit the tomb. You guys are having some very fun but also learning experiences out there in Boston!! I have a feeling I should have spent those three months recuperating doing educational reading and watching educational TV instead of all that totally mindless stuff. I have to study up some things so I will be able to speak intelligently with the boys!!

Very nice job on Aksel's room, Anna! The green walls sort of remind me of the baby's room you decorated at your first house. So long ago already. We really look forward to all your postings!

Mrs. Campbell said...

Your kids are so darling- what a beautiful family! Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. It is fun to see what people are up to, in their various stages of life. It goes so fast!

I am happy to have reconnected with Jessa over the past year or so. We were so close growing up. This bloggy thingy is a great way to keep eachother in the loop!

Take care :)