Sunday, March 8, 2009

St. Marks' Lions and a Tiger, too!

Spring Break is here. Well, for me, at least. Lachen and Aksel are still in school, and Shawn is buried in Admission work. But, I have 2 1/2 weeks to be a full-time mama, or my latest favorite way of saying that: "primary caregiver."

On Day 1 of this break, we went to the cheer for the St. Mark's basketball team at the New England Championships, filled 84 peat pots with seeds, playing badminton with the boys, vacuumed out the car, did "big shopping" at Whole Foods, and knit a flower. Wa-hoo! Also, I just realized that Shawn and my first date was 11 years ago today. We didn't really celebrate that. But, we did go a party last night, so that was a celebratory nod to good times with my Shawn Reid. We're also going to Boston to see a play on Saturday night: Two Men from Verona. It's about Galileo and Michelangelo. I love that going to at least one play every winter and a concert in the summer is a tradition for us. Any suggestions for this summer's concert? We saw Brandi Carlisle at an ampitheater last summer in Lowell, MA. There we were with two kids and a puppy. Fabulous!

Last week, Aksel became a saber-tooth tiger during the St. Mark's Winter Carnival. Raaaar!

No comments: