Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Bliss




So it's only the first day of summer vacation, and already I have started two new projects, found a new book to read (Free Range Kids), and I've baked my family's favorite chocolate chip banana bread, harvested lettuce and basil for a dinner salad, and caught tadpoles and crayfish with my boys. Here's the pattern. Mine will have some gathering and piping, so it's a bit fancier than the one shown here. It'll be a diaper bag for Mary.
Mary, her bun in the oven, and I went to Crafty Planet in Northeast Minneapolis over the weekend. I'm currently sporting their t-shirt. Seriously, how can there not be funky textile stores in my nearby vicinity? It's craziness. I am on the verge of opening my own store because there's such a blight of fabric stores and yarn shops in Massachusetts. I am going on a pilgrimage to the Stitch House in Dorchester later this week. It's my only hope. If not, it's time to replenish my stash at the Tangled Skein.

No comments: