Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas is coming!


My computer and camera are not speaking to each other right now. I'm not sure if this is some sort of holiday tiff or if one of them have contracted a virus. In any case, I can't post the Christmas Pageant videos right now. I can tell you that Lachen did an excellent job as a speaker up at the big pulpit with a microphone. He spoke clearly and flawlessly. What a relief that he takes after his father and not his warbly-voiced mother! I didn't tell him, but I had a wretched gut ache all morning. Apparently his butterflies were in my stomach instead of him.

Aksel was decked out as a shepherd and he belted out his choir's songs with gusto. This is definitely his forte. His favorite was "Go Tell it on the Mountain." We had watched our Lille Jul Aften friend, Sofie Stern, sing at her church http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLzOSczFchA and then we watch a couple episodes of Glee to inspire showmanship and projection. The research definitely paid off!

The boys have their piano recital on Thursday at 7:00. Aksel's wearing a red vest that Grandma knit for Peter, and Lachen and I have our horns locked over his attire. Stay tuned for videos of these performances.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Oooooo, fancy blog!

We can't wait to see you guys!

Ze Hembergers